4 Pattypan Squash, washed
1 Onion, chopped
1/2 lb. lean sausage, chopped
3/4 lb. Parsley, chopped
1 1/2 cups Bread Crumbs
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut squash in half (horizonally) and hollow.
3. Chop onion finely.
4. Crumble the sausage into a pan and cook until no longer pink.
5. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
6. Add onion to the pan with sausage fat and cook about 2 minutes or until soft.
7. Mix together in a bowl the sausage, onion, parsley, bread crumbs, pepper and 2 tablespoons water.
8. Divide mixture among squash halves.
9. Brush the tops of the stuffed squash with olive oil.
10. Place squash in single layer in baking dish just large enough to hold all of the squash.
11. Fill baking dish with 1/2 inch water.
12. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
13. Uncover and continue baking about 15 minutes or until stuffing is browned and squash tender.
Source: Healthy Recipes for Kids
(originally posted in the 7-7-09 CSA newsletter)