Radishes aren’t just for salad any more! Try this interesting way to prepare them!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice radishes into very thin chips and spread on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly mist radish slices with cooking spray and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. (if using other seasonings, now is the time to add them).
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until crisp. Time may vary so watch these after flipping.
Source: Group Recipes
Many recipes use the root of the radish plant, but a quick online search will show you that there are lots of recipes for the greens, too!
- 1/2 lb. radishes, trimmed and grated coarse (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro, mint, or parsley leaves
In a bowl toss together the radishes, the cabbage, the carrots, the onion, the lemon juice, the sugar, the oil, the herbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
This could also be good without the cabbage.
(originally posted in the 5-26-09 CSA newsletter)